Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mother of the Groom...

What a wonderful meeting I had today with a fabulous woman by the name of Sydell Rabin.  Sydell is the author of "The Complete Mother of the Groom: How to be Graceful, Helpful and Happy During This Special Time".  Sydell is from Ipswich, MA, but also resides on the Vineyard in the town of West Tisbury.  Sydell gave me a call after seeing a Wedding Studio ad in the newspaper, a copy of which she brought with her.  I was flattered, to say the least.  She told me about her fabulous book and I couldn't wait to meet this former Mother of the Groom, to hear all about it....I knew it would be a welcome addition to the Studio. 
When Sydell walked into the Studio, her compliments and praise about its design and community presence were humbling.  Sydell's inspiration to write this book, she explained... was being an excited and proud Mother of the Groom who simply didn't know what her role should be.  She spoke with other Mothers in this role, found common ground and various viewpoints and thus the book was written.  In her introduction she exclaims: "There is a legitimate place for the mother of the groom who needs and wants more than a pat on the back and the classic advice to 'Just wear beige and don't say anything'."  Well said!

I am proud to have this book in the Martha's Vineyard Wedding Studio for all to enjoy and I certainly encourage you to scoop up a copy of your own or give it as a gift to a woman you know would appreciate it.  Sold on Amazon.com, Barnes and Noble.com and locally at Bunch of Grapes Book Store in Vineyard Haven. 

At the Wedding Studio, I strive to inspire.  Today, Sydell inspired me. 

Enjoy!! 

1 comment: